Thursday, July 11, 2013

It has been a while


I haven't blogged in a very long time. I thought about starting it up again as a journal to record my daily happenings, including my exercise routine, work schedule, eating plans and maybe a photo here and there.  Years ago, I competed in my first body building competition, it was a ton of hard work and a lot of training; but I was determined and dedicated. I enjoyed everything involved and was very fortunate to have the ability to devote to the entire process including the workouts, the posing, the routine, the tanning, regular weekly massages, the ability to eat properly and afford the absolute best training to help me reach my goals. And reach them I did! I was the 1998 Flint Mid-Michigan First Place and Overall Winner for Women's Bodybuilding.  

Let's talk about yesterday's workout. In between my morning clients I had 30 minutes (6:30am-7am) to get in a workout so I did the following: 120 reps of back squats with 95# bar, 120 lateral raises with 8lb. dumbbells, 120 bicep curls with 15lb. dumbbells and 120 stability ball crunches. I also rode the air dyne bike with my client at 7am for 20 minutes. At 9am I went to my CrossFit gym and did the following workout: "Angie" 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100 squats. My time was 22:08 (I used assistance straps for my pull ups). 

Later that day about 6pm I had to complete my monthly challenge that I put out for the month of July which included 50 squats, 25 crunches and 15 burpees (but I do 25 burpees because I promised my followers on my Facebook page I would 10 extra if they could guess one of the exercises that was going to be on the monthly challenge). I also had to do 10 extra burpees for a new page Like on my Facebook page from a new follower. 

As for what I had to eat yesterday, lets just say it ended very well with a grilled chicken breast and fresh grilled zucchini and squash from our garden. Earlier I had tuna on a piece of pita bread, and after my morning workout I had a whole wheat bagel with egg white, lettuce & tomato with a black coffee. I also had some licorice that I have lingering in the house, some dark chocolate with a glass of wine and hummus and pretzels. Yes, I will admit, I do have to get my eating back in check. :) 

So, I think I will use this as another tool to help keep me accountable with my workouts and my eating and to continue helping to inspire other people. I will share recipes and links, workout routines, monthly challenges and answer questions. You can follow me on Facebook at Get Fit With Ris - Certified Personal Trainer

Good luck on your fitness journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment