Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Working out and Relaxation

My Monday would not have been the same had I not gotten in a great workout first thing in the morning. Later in the day, I did my monthly challenge which included 50 squats, 25 crunches and 25 burpees. This morning I rode the bike for 20 minutes and then I did the monthly challenge. This is the workout that I did yesterday morning. Back in November, a friend of mine and I did a squat challenge where we did 120 squats 3x a week for 90 days. It was a great challenge. I challenged myself by doing them with weights ranging from 45 pounds to 95 pounds. During the last 2 weeks, we upped the challenge to 150 squats. After taking a month and a half off, I've started it back up because I noticed a significant different in my back end from all the squats and additional challenges I did throughout the week in addition to my regular training. 



After my morning workout yesterday, I came in and relaxed by painting for a few hours. I am not an artist by any stretch, but about 3 years ago I stumbled across a new interest, painting on canvas with acrylic paints. I usually paint with my friends out at a painting establishment where you paint with the instruction of an artist and enjoy sipping wine with your friends which is exactly what I did on Friday and Saturday night in Pontiac at the Grand Opening of some good friends new place, The Artist's Lounge, a new establishment where you can go and paint and have loads of fun. However, yesterday's painting took place in the comfort of my own home listening to some music. I painted this relaxing sunset or moonrise over the water all on my own. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out and already had a friend say they wanted it for their wall.  Today, my husband and I escaped the heat and went to an afternoon showing of "The Heat" and then came home and enjoyed an hour long nap. We are now back at work training clients for the remainder of the night. I actually have this hour sitting at the coffee shop overlooking the St. Clair River to myself to blog, before heading home to train a client later this evening. 



Yesterday among my meals I enjoyed a pita filled with hummus, tabbouleh and meat grape leaves. This has been a favorite sandwich of mine in recent months, it is easy and healthy. When it came time for dinner, my husband combined some left over cubed chicken,  black beans, baked beans, chick peas, corn and peas. It was a tasty dish and easy to make. (Pictured) This morning I enjoyed some leftovers mixed in with my eggs. 
Tomorrow is another day and I am looking forward to some relief from this heat so I can get back to my outdoor workouts and running the trails that run through our property. Have a FIT night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment