Saturday, April 4, 2015

Results from the 2015 CrossFit Open

Photo Credit: CrossFit
Well last week Friday was the last Open workout for the 2015 CrossFit Open.  15.5 was a workout for time and consisted of rowing and thrusters. It began with a 27 calorie row followed by 27 thrusters at 65#, then 21 calorie row, 21 thrusters, 15 calorie row and 15 thrusters and 9 calorie row and 9 thrusters. On Friday, I had a head cold and breathing was not fun, so I elected to wait until Sunday afternoon to give this one a go hoping I would be feeling better. I was looking forward to it, I was hoping I would have finished it in under 11 minutes, but on Sunday I still was not feeling 100% and breathing was still a little difficult. I ended up with a time of 12:28 and was glad to be done! 

Here is how I placed in the State, the Central East Region, and World Wide for my age group; and among my fellow athletes at the box I work out at. 


Michigan: 11 out of 132
Central East Region:  37 out of 472
World Wide: 407 out of 6,156 
Overall at my box I finished 15 out of 35

While I would have liked to have finished in the top 20 for my age & division as I did the previous two years, I am happy with my overall placement this year. I look forward to this time of year because it inspires me to work even harder. Looking ahead, I can work on my weaknesses. I would like to be doing muscle ups before the year is over. Once I am able to get them under my belt I know this will go a long way in the workouts next year. I also need to work on my speed a little more and get stronger at kipping for my pull ups and handstands. 

Congratulations to all the outstanding athletes that participated in this years Open and to those who are on their way to Regionals and the Games later this year. 

In Health & Fitness,


Marissa

*Get Fit! Be Fit! Stay Fit!*

No comments:

Post a Comment