Thursday, October 29, 2015

November Fitness Challenge - Grab your Water Bottles!!

For the last 3 years I have been creating body weight fitness challenges that require no equipment and can be done just about anywhere. This month is pretty much the same except that I’ve thrown in a few movements that we haven’t done in the past challenges. The challenge this month is to create some additional intensity by adding some additional resistance with filled water bottles.


After a certain point your body will begin to plateau, so the additional weight provided by the water bottles (filled with water, sand or marbles) will add more intensity, and maybe to some extent a little more difficulty or challenge. Feel free to add in dumbbells if you choose or modify as necessary.

The new movements include shoulder presses, lateral raises, upright rows, bicep curls, over head tricep extensions, bent over raises and bent over rows. There are some combination exercises including squats with a shoulder press, lunges with bicep curls and jumping jacks with lateral raises. You can also add the water bottle(s) to the sit ups and Russian twists if you desire.

I hope you have fun with this month’s challenge. If I get the time, I may try to make a few videos demonstrating the exercises. You can follow my facebook page at Get Fit with Ris, this is where I will post videos.

I’ve always kept these challenges very “basic” for those who do not go to a gym, or need something “quick”, or for those just beginning a workout program.  If you are looking for something more intense, more challenging just let me know and I’ll be happy to work with you and put something together based on what you have access to.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday with your family & friends!

In Health & Fitness,

Marissa

Get Fit! Be Fit! Stay Fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment